The Jolly Cut Sour
Updated: Dec 8, 2021
Use original or smoked Jolly Cut Old Fashioned Syrup.
1. You'll need a shaker & strainer for this one
2. Add 1oz Jolly Cut Old Fashioned Syrup
3. Add 2oz whisky (Rye or Bourbon)
4. Add 1.5oz fresh lemon juice
5. Add .5oz pasteurized egg whites (optional)
6. Shake all ingredients with ice for hard to develop a frothy texture. Strain onto fresh ice and enjoy!
The sour is a refreshing and potent all season cocktail. It should be a staple drink at any good bar or gathering. Its character is strong whisky flavours, bright tart citrus, spices and balanced sweetness. Just be careful, once word gets out that you make a great sour, you'll have lots of guests. Using Jolly Cut Old Fashioned syrup simplifies the process and creates a rich and flavourful cocktail. Enjoy!